Press release<< Back
Texas Instruments issues its 2015 Corporate Citizenship Report
"Engineering a better future has been an integral part of our company since our founding 85 years ago. Through the years, we have collaborated with our employees, customers, suppliers and communities to make great products, continually improve operations, inspire the next generation of innovators, and make where we live and work better for everyone," said
In 2015, TI:
- Achieved a 12 percent reduction in total annual water use.
- Ensured that 100 percent of the metals used to manufacture integrated circuits are from certified conflict-free sources.
- Completed compliance training with 99.9 percent of employees, including annual courses on its Code of Conduct and core values.
- Achieved exemplary safety performance - among the best in the company's history and in the industry.
- Increased global volunteerism by 40 percent.
- Grew philanthropic and employee giving to
$33 million, with two-thirds invested in education.
In the decade since TI's first citizenship report, the company has invested
"As we look to the next decade, we will continue to do what we do best - innovate, create and help our customers push the boundaries of what is technologically possible. Our ambition is to be the best semiconductor company in the world in the eyes of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and our fellow neighbors. Going forward, they can count on our continued commitment to the values on which we've long operated," Templeton said.
The complete report addresses business practices, product stewardship, environmental responsibility, supply chain diligence, employee well-being and community improvement.
TI developed the report with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines at the Core Level. The GRI is one of the world's most widely used frameworks for sustainability reporting.
A TI Citizenship blog post includes a video with highlights from the report. In addition to the latest Citizenship Report, TI also provides general information and updates on the company's citizenship website and invites feedback through e-mail and social media, such as Twitter and Facebook.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/texas-instruments-issues-its-2015-corporate-citizenship-report-300271456.html
News Provided by Acquire Media